7/28/2009

Five Minute Fudge

I have to have some kind of sweets in my house at all times. I don't eat them every day but when I want some, I WANT SOME! I make this fudge quite a bit. After it cools, I cut it into bite-size squares, layer them with wax paper in a plastic container, and pop them in the freezer. They don't get rock hard, which means they can be eaten right out of the freezer, and I don't have to try to eat them all before they get old!

Five Minute Fudge
1 3/4 c sugar
5 oz evaporated milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c mini marshmallows
1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Combine sugar, milk and salt in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Stir until all is melted. Spoon into a buttered 9-inch pan, spreading evenly. Cool completely before cutting.

No comments: